ND John C Garand Championship
- ND John C Garand Championship
- Saturday July 28, 2018
- Forks Rifle Club - Emerado, North Dakota
- North Dakota State Championship, Vintage & Military Rifle, High Power Rifle
John C. Garand State Championship Match
July 28, 2018
Sponsored By: Forks Rifle Club, Inc. P.O. Box 14842 Grand Forks, ND 58208-4842
Range Location: 2051 12th Ave. NE, Grand Forks, ND (8 miles west of Merrifield, ND on County Road 6)
Rules: CMP Rule 9.2 apply.
Rifle: CMP Rule 6.3.2 As-Issued M1 Garand:
The rifle must be a Caliber .30 U. S. M1 Garand rifle that was issued by the U.S. Armed Forces and be in as-issued condition. A Caliber .30 M1941 Johnson rifle or a U.S. Carbine Caliber .30 M1 may be fired in matches designated for M1 Garand rifles.
(1) These rifles must be as issued by the U.S. Armed Forces, with standard stock and sights.
(2) Trigger pulls may not be less than 4.5 pounds, except that the M1941 Johnson may have a trigger pull of not less than 3.5 pounds.
(3) "NM" rifles, or rifles with NM parts, including NM sights, may not be used in the rifle, except that NM operating rods may be used.
(4) The use of shims made of any material in the action and barrel bedding areas of the stock is prohibited.
(5) As-issued M1 Garands must be chambered for the .30-06 cartridge. No rifles chambered for the 7.62mm NATO (.308) cartridge may be used.
(6) M1C and M1D Garands, with telescopes detached, are considered to be As-Issued M1 Garands, provided that they comply with other requirements for As-Issued M1 Garands.
Ammunition: Except for the M1 .30 cal. Carbine all rifles must be chambered for the 30-06 cartridge. Competitors must provide their own ammunition.
Entries: Entries may be made at the stat office starting at 7:00 am the day of the match.
Entry Fees: $15.00 Entries limited to 45 individuals.
Target Detail. Competitors will be divided into three relays one firing, one scoring, and one pulling targets. Shooters will fire all stages of the match before rotating.
Starting Time: Match starts at 8:00 am. Entry office opens at 7:00 am.
Course of Fire: CMP Garand Course A. All firing is at 200 yards on the SR target as follows:
Sighters – 5 shots from any position included in the Stage I firing time.
Stage I – 10 shots slow fire from prone position in 15 minutes.
Stage II – 10 shots rapid fire from standing to prone position in 70 seconds.
Stage III – 10 shots slow fire from the standing position in 10 minutes.
Awards: High competitor will receive a plaque, furnished by NDSSA. CMP Games Achievement Pins will be awarded to competitors firing qualifying scores as follows:
Gold Pin – score of 280 and above
Silver Pin – score of 273 – 279
Bronze Pin – score of 262 – 272
General Information: Lunch is not available at the range, so competitors should provide their own food and water.
- Denny Coulter
- (701) 746-6959