John C. Garand Match
- John C. Garand Match
- Sunday June 25, 2017
- Forks Rifle Club - Emerado, North Dakota
- Vintage & Military Rifle
- Created by:
- James Ladwig
John C. Garand Match
June 25, 2017
Sponsor: Forks Rifle Club, Inc. P.O. Box 14842 Grand Forks, ND 58208-4842
Range Location: 2051 12th Ave. NE, Grand Forks, ND (8 miles west of Merrifield, ND on County Road 6)
Rules: CMP Rule 4.0 applies.
Rifle: CMP Rule 4.2.2 As-Issued M1 Garand. The rifle must be a Caliber .30 U. S. M1 Garand rifle that was issued by the U.S. Armed Forces and be in as-issued condition. A Caliber .30 M1941Johnson rifle or a U.S. Carbine Caliber.30 M1 may be fired in matches designated for M1 Garand rifles.
• Rifles must be as issued by the U.S. Armed Forces, with standard stock and sights.
•Trigger pulls may not be less than 4.5 lbs., except that the M1941 Johnson may have a trigger pull of not less than 3.5 lbs.
• National Match (NM) Garands with synthetic bedding, or with NM sights, may not be used. NM rifles with no synthetic bedding or NM sights or other rifles with NM operating rods and gas cylinders may be used.
• The use of shims made of any material in the action and barrel bedding areas of the stock is prohibited.
• As-issued M1 Garands must be chambered for the .30-06 cartridge. No rifles chambered for the 7.62mm NATO (.308) cartridge may be used.
• M1C and M1D Garands, with telescopes detached, are considered to be As-Issued M1 Garands, provided that they comply with other
requirements for As-Issued M1 Garands. Cheek pads may not be used on these or other M1 Garands.
• M1 Garand or M1941 Johnson rifles may not weigh more than 9.75 lbs. M1 Carbines may not weigh more than 6.1 lbs.
Ammunition: Except for the M1 .30 cal. Carbine, rifles must be chambered for the 30-06 cartridge. Competitors must provide their own ammunition. Competitors may use any safe ammunition, but no tracer, armor piercing or incendiary-type ammunition or projectiles may be used.
Entries: Entries may be made in advance by mail at the above address or at the stat office at 7:00 am the day of the match.
Entry Fees: $15.00 Entries limited to 39 individuals.
Target Detail. Competitors will be divided into three relays one firing, one scoring, and one pulling targets. Shooters will fire all stages of the match before rotating.
Starting Time: 8:00 am.
Course of Fire: All firing is at 200 yards on the SR target as follows:
Sighters – 5 shots from any position included in the Stage I firing time.
Stage I – 10 shots slow fire from prone position in 15 minutes.
Stage II – 10 shots rapid fire from standing to prone position in 80 seconds.
Stage III – 10 shots slow fire from the standing position in 10 minutes.
Awards: High competitor will receive a plaque. CMP Games Achievement Pins will be awarded to competitors firing qualifying scores as follows:
Gold Pin – score of 280and above
Silver Pin – score of 273 – 279
Bronze Pin – score of 262 – 272
- Tom Reiten